Poas Volcano ( Half day tour from San José)
We take the Pan-American Highway towards the city of Alajuela. En route we will pass the Agriculture Monument, the Monument to Juan Santamaria, our national hero and the famous Mango Park.
As we ascend the mountain, we will see coffee plantations as well as fern, flower and strawberry farms along the way, creating a beautiful array of colors and visuals.
There is a noticeable change in temperature and vegetation, preparing us for the pleasure of the exuberant cloud forest of the Poas Volcano.
The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre (8,885 ft) stratovolcano. The crater of the volcano is over a mile across and 1050 feet deep. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April, 2017.
At the Volcano we will have time to enjoy the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, and hike on a trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon as we learn about the different ecosystems in the park.
Poas Volcano Day Tour from San Jose Costa Rica | One Day Tour from San Jose Costa Rica
- BILINGUAL GUIDE (ENGLISH/SPANISH)
- ENTRANCE FEE TO POAS VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK.
- *Children (3 – 10 years old): 25% off discount
- Children 0-2 years old pay US$14.00 car seat charge fee
- Cancelation Policy for one day tours
- Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied 90% refund if cancel 48 hours or more (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- No refunds for No shows.