Poas Volcano & Cofee Tour | Day Tour from San José.
Fisrt Stop, The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre (8,885 ft) stratovolcano. The crater of the volcano is over a mile across and 1050 feet deep. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April, 2017.
There is a noticeable change in temperature and vegetation, preparing us for the pleasure of the exuberant cloud forest of the Poas Volcano.
At the Volcano we will have time to enjoy the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, and hike on a trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon as we learn about the different ecosystems in the park.
Second Stop: Doka Cofee Tour. Will learn about the history and the preparation processs and will also try some products made with coffee, here will have a delicious lunch.
Our third stop is the town of Grecia, considered one of the cleanest towns in Latin America. Grecia is home to one of the only Metal Churches in Central America. The church is a national monument that fills its inhabitants with pride. Then shortly after visiting the metal church, in order to experience the local lifestyle, we will also visit the central market area, unique to the area.
Our last stop along the way is the town of Sarchi, known as the cradle of Costa Rican artisans. Here we will take in the artistic work of the local artisans, as they create the famous typical oxcarts. Then, we will be able to shop for that special souvenir to take back home.
Poas Volcano & Cofee Tour Day Tour from San José | One Day Tour from San Jose Costa Rica
- BILINGUAL GUIDE (ENGLISH/SPANISH)
- ENTRANCE FEE TO POAS VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK
- ENTRANCE FEE TO DOKA COFFEE TOUR
- *Children (3 – 10 years old): 25% off discount
- Children 0-2 years old pay US$25.00 car seat charge fee
- Cancelation Policy for one day tours
- Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied 90% refund if cancel 48 hours or more (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- No refunds for No shows.